Now and then I get requests for odd dishes and unique recipes. Some include dairy free ice cream or sugar free cakes. Sometimes I even get requests as strange as starch free pancakes.
I’ve been asked over and over of the past few weeks to post egg free cake recipes. This recipe is for an egg free chocolate cake. To make it a vanilla sponge cake, replace the cocoa powder with flour.
300g – Cake Flour
50g – Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp – Baking Powder
170g – Butter
120g – Sugar
2 Tbsp – Golden syrup
300ml – Full cream milk
– Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together into a bowl.
– Beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup together in a bowl until creamy, light and fluffy.
– Alternate adding a little flour then a little milk as to mix until all of the flour and milk has been added and the mixture is smooth.
– Divide the mixture between the two 18cm cake tins. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 190°C until golden brown.
– Remove the cakes from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Remove the cakes from the tins and set aside to cool completely.
– Once cooled, sandwich the cakes together with chocolate icing (or if you’ve made a vanilla one sandwich it the jam and whipped cream)
You can use this same recipe to make egg free cupcakes too.