I just offered to share any of my 200 personal recipes on twitter and asked my followers to ask for any recipe they’ve ever wanted to know. Lol! Instead of fancy fine dining things like how to make gnocchi or creme brulee, one of the recipes I got asked for was a fish bake recipe. I guess it comes with the territory, people prefer familiar and homely food. You can use any fish you like. In the restaurant I would use salmon fillets but you can use hake or any type of fish. Just note that with white fish the bake might be slightly more dry than if you used an oily fish like salmon or trout. Drizzle with more olove oil or add butter to the bake.
So herewith my fancy, dressed up fish bake recipe!
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 spoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon of chopped rosemary
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 spoon crushed garlic
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 handful chopped coriander
200g baby potatoes
30g frozen peas
2 medium sized fillets of trout or hake
1/2 cup of cream
1 spoon lemon juice
Grated cheddar cheese
Grated mozzarella cheese
1 handful of fresh breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
– Parboil the potatoes with their skins still on until soft
– Drain the potatoes.
– In a separate pan saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil until soft, add the spices to the pan. Add the cooked baby potatoes and stir them into the oil and spices.
– Pour the mixture into an oven dish and evenly spread it out.
– Sprinkle the chopped coriander on top.
– Pour the frozen peas on top of the potatoes and then sprinkle with
the cheddar cheese
– Place the fish fillets on top of the cheddar cheese and then pour the lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper.
– Pour the cream on top of everything and allow it to settle and sink before sprinkling the breadcrumbs and mozzarella cheese on top.
– Bake in the oven at 180°C until golden brown.