Biscotti is Italian in origin. Sliced thin, they’re crunchy and crispy; similar to rusks but just a bit more dense. Store them in air tight containers and they’ll last for months.
1. Flour 4 cups
2. Baking Powder 2 teaspoons
3. Crushed Black Peppercorns 1 ½ tablespoons
4. Parmesan (finely grated) 2 ½ cups
5. Butter ¾ cup
6. Eggs 4
7. Full cream Milk 1 cup
• Preheat the oven to 180⁰C
• Whisk flour, baking powder, 2 cups cheese and 1 tablespoon of pepper together in a mixer.
• Add the butter gradually until the dough becomes course.
• Whisk 3 eggs with the milk in a bowl and slowly mix into the dough mixture.
• Place the dough onto a floured surface and flatten. Form it into 4 flat logs.
• Use the remaining egg to egg wash the logs.
• Sprinkle with remaining cheese and pepper and bake in the oven until golden brown.
• Allow the logs to cool slightly and reduce the oven to 140⁰C.
• Slice the logs into thin slices and bake again until crisp.